Using our Procurement Maturity Assessment (PMA) model, we can help you transform your Procurement operating model including processes, capabilities, resources and systems to deliver improved savings, services and to ensure your approach to Procurement is closely aligned to the strategic direction of your business.
While delivering auditable sourcing projects is our bread and butter, our deep Procurement expertise across multi sectors is where we can really add sustainable value to review and transform your Procurement operating model, or transform a particular category area of spend, systems or operations. This will drive sustained improved performance, bottom line results, operational efficiencies and enhanced culture, linked to your company values and strategic direction.
To assess your Procurement operating model we use our PMA model which we have developed over many years. The PMA is an independent and objective assessment of the 7 key elements contributing to the performance of a Procurement function. It helps to establish the “As is” and the “To be”, identifies and priorities the key gaps and informs your Procurement Strategy. Generally, the use of maturity profiling helps;
- to engage key stakeholders and allow them to provide confidential feedback;
- to clarify differences between ‘yesterday’ and ‘tomorrow’;
- to identify the current state and gaps which confirms the need for action;
- to prioritise needs (capacity, capabilities, etc.);
- to design the right fit Procurement operating model for your business by utilising best practice models;
- create a framework to benchmark the maturity of purchasing processes in the future;
- to create a clear roadmap of activity and next steps to achieve (including business case);
In some circumstances you may have a specific need (cost reduction, operational efficiencies, growth strategy, etc.), which may be linked to a specific spend area like IT, agency management or your warehouse operations. We will undertake a review and propose a plan of action to transform that single operation so that you can benefit from our well-developed Procurement tools and techniques (including professional project management, change assessment and strategy management) when delivering the right fit sustainable and measurable transformation your business requires.
Our Procurement Transformation services are focused on delivering real outcomes with pragmatism:
- PMA – process and policy review, stakeholder interviews, benchmarking, operating model development, roadmap, business case design
- Make vs Buy – cost modelling, benchmarking, market intelligence, change management
- Programme transformation management – programme management, change management, risk management, stakeholder engagement, benefits tracking & reporting (of forecast v’s actual savings)
- Project transformation management – similar to organisation wide programme management, but specific to a defined area or project outcome
- Managed services – interim procurement services while we design, create and transition procurement cost effectively back to you in a self-sustainable model